Cities & Public Sector Forum
Save the date: May 18-20, 2021
How technology and digital are shaping the entire urban life in the response to today’s demographics, mobility, safety, sustainability and climate challenges? Join Cities & Public Sector Forum to learn how cities are transforming, what are the potential risks, which are the new services and how they are being delivered.
Cities and Public Sector predictions
- By 2020, more than 30% of highly innovative Smart City projects will be tested in small cities of fewer than 200,000 inhabitants.
- To prevent AI-related privacy and ethical crises, 40% of governments will develop and deploy policies to prevent algorithmic bias and unethical data use by 2021.
- By 2021, 20% of major cities will have begun implementations to support automated vehicles, leading to increased live AV pilots, faster transit innovations, and improved road safety.
- Investment in Smart City use cases will reach $158 billion by 2022, with the fastest overall growth in the Americas and the most spending on fixed visual surveillance and public transit.
- With water scarcity a developing risk multiplier, by 2024, 45% of cities and communities will adopt IoT-enabled water management for usage and quality monitoring and leak detection.
Cities and Public Sector Forum access is granted for Premium VIP and Honour Pass holders. The data is provided by IDC, Global Partner Research at #DES2021. Read more here.